Monday, March 2, 2009

State

This weekend I traveled down south for about 3 hours with the whole German crew for the state competition. But, I wasn't stressed about it at all... in fact - I forgot my uniform under the bus and didn't even get to dance! (Idiot much?)

Luckily, I wasn't important, so my loss didn't affect the team. We won 1st anyway. :]

The hotel was pretty awesome... Just because it wasn't too large, and our rooms were on the 1st floor and close to the free meals. Plus, the room we were connected to allowed me to chill with 7 people instead of just 3 into the wee hours of the night. It was great.

Despite being dead on our feet, we still wandered the campus and fell in love with the fountain area with the trees - near the bulding we folkdanced in. Sarith got a lot of cool pictures, but I don't have them yet. The cool part was that some of the students we knew down there showed us around in the architect studio on the top floor of one of the pretty, stoic buildings.

It was all over very fast... we were on the bus again by 6 PM yesterday... but the ride back was even nicer than the ride there - since we'd all gotten a little closer and were still hyped up.

Ah... Europe will be even beastlier. Imagine that!

No comments:

Post a Comment