Monday, May 25, 2009

The Beach

Whew! First off - a 8/10 hour bus ride with the band is pretty intense. The scenery heading down south is epic with the huge blue sky and the rolling green pastures. The whole traveling time was quite an experience, especially as we drove to the contest site, over the ocean. It was like the a scene at the train station out of Sprited Away.

My only regret is that I was stuck indoors for all of Saturday, cooking and doing homework. The result was that I spent only about 3 hours of my trip on the beach. Although, 3 hours was enough to get a strange tan/burn on my back. The beach down in Corpus had a lot of seaweed and a tougher current than I had remembered... but the sand was still okay for sand castles... or sand dinosaurs :)

Sunday was a day for fun outside of the condos. We went out to the Joe's Crab Shack right by the beach side. Sadly, I wasn't able to have any crab, but the fried (coconut?) shrimp was good, the fish that came with it was a little bland in comparison, and the cheesecake dessert was just fine... Then, we took a walk around the Corpus Christi Marina where I decided it was just like any other marina. Finally, we took a sunset ferry/tour thing... but I was at the top floor and couldn't hear a thing from their PA, so I can't say if it was any good. Though, I still enjoyed it because I got to chill with more than just my roomates.

Monday (today) we headed out nice and early and stopped in San Antonio at the boardwalk/mall thing for some lunch. Casa Rio had some good grub (I had tamales) and could easily accomidate for our 13 person party, though we paid on one single check. Afterwards, we were short on time, but we still had to stop at the ___ Creamery (I forgot the 1st part of the name)... I didn't personally indulge in any, but the concoctions coming out of that place looked delicious!

We made our final pit stop somewhere near Waco at a nice gas station combined with a Wendy's. They had a good slew of things in stock, but in particular the L__'s Lucious Licks, Fudge Bomb, and the Oma's __ brands caught my eye... especially the Oma pies xD! But I mannaged to make it out of there with only the LLL sucker (Banana Cream Pie- mmm)... like a sucker! :)

I still don't have a digital camera for these kinds of thigns, but I did grab a waterproof, point-and-shoot, film camera for the trip. By the end of our journey, I used all of the pictures (all 18 of 'em xD). Wee.

Perhaps by next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment