Woah woah woahhh - what a day! We started much earlier than usual... @__@ Like... 8:10AM early? I bet Aimee started way earlier. Considering our previous schedules, we're actually behaving like upstanding adults instead of lazy teenagers :P Anyway - we were out of the door by 9:20 AM.
Jon's (my Jeju friend) mother served us a great breafast right at 8:30.. Western style - everything pretty self-explanitory :)
Jon also pulled out some crackers (practically Club brand) that were packaged in cute little individual packs...
Right by 9:20AM, we caught a ride by car (which all of us were without today :( ) to the bus terminal of Jeju. Unlike back in the city -Jeju Island is much less developed when it comes to public transportation (as we learned the hard way later..)
A park full of minatures (and some life sized) figures of famous architecture from around the world, some legendary things/dinosaurs, and famous characters.
After we finished at the museum, we were basically dying of heat. The whole time, it was outdoors and Aimee and I only had pants... so, yeah-- it was pretty gross. We kept stopping in the AC in the stores. xD Plus, by the time we were at the exit walking out of the park, Jon asked if we wanted to eat before we left... but we left. So, we couldn't. Lunch was postponed and then forgotten...
The whole place was like no-man's land, but our next destination was supposedly within walking distance. Since there were no means of public transportation (bus stop we came from didn't go that way) and no taxis... we set off down the road by foot....
An hour later, we finally arrived at our destination: O'sulloc Green Tea Museum/farm- hot and sweaty ;(. Still, it made us appreciate modern technology even more. There was practically nothing between the park and the museum, so we did see a lot of green.
Best part was the free admission. We got to see a lot of neat examples of the evolution of the Korean tea cup... and then sample their prized Jeju grown green tea in the fancy schmancy place:
Best part was the free admission. We got to see a lot of neat examples of the evolution of the Korean tea cup... and then sample their prized Jeju grown green tea in the fancy schmancy place:
They also (of course) had a cafe.../gift shop.. So we all sampled stuff. It wasn't cheap, but I'm sure we were desperate for food and this wasn't just everyday stuff... all green tea themed!
Jon broke the ice and got some green tea ice cream (pretty good) and some green tea cookies (sweeter than I expected, but good)... then Aimee got a green tea shake (had carmel on top of some green tea ice cream on top of a shake) - good, less sweet... and I got the craziest -
Oh - and they had free water.. so we loaded up our bottles ;)
At this point, we only had limited options of transportation... so instead of going with the most daunting: walking back..(!!), we called a cab xD A tad more expensive, but we were eternally grateful as we were driven the 7KM to the next place- the chocolate musuem. First taxi ride =x He was pretty nice though.

Ok - interesting - still would like to see more scenery shots and some with people, ie hosts - family shots etc. We viewers like to think we are there with you and want to see what you see, not just food....:) Sorry you are having problems posting. Where you able to get the link with your article? Love ya!
ReplyDeletelol on the pics messing up (amusing the toilet came at the end!)
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I like the picture of the Buddha :D and also the green tea waffles! I would of eaten it plain though.
Off-topic: Did you get my message on Facebook? Just wondering ;)
woah? my post messed up so badly... ;( crap
ReplyDelete@ mom - my hosts request their pics stay offline. Sorry.
I haven't looked at anything else other than this since I got to Jeju. I'm behind on life.
@reid - the waffles came with the honey already on it -sorry :P
um.. I guess I have to check fb.