Friday, July 9, 2010

July 9 (Fri) - Concert

We were out pretty late tonight, so I'm keeping my post very concise.
(so tired - my eyes are red :O)

Firstly, started the day with a spiffy breakfast: Leftover Paris Baguette breads.. Just now trying Aimee's choice - bread with cheese through it... the cream soup and yogurt.

I spent my morning packing some more and planning.. reading, etc.
Leisurly.
Then we left for a concert in Sinchon (near Hongdae).
Took a bus their, then the subway...

I took a pic of the tickets before we used them.. subway was lame though - stood the whole 40 min. Same with on the way back. Total, it was about 80 min using public transport to get to our location.

Nice view though :)

We made it fine and found her friend.
It was so exciting :) Lots and lots of Korean teenagers... and then Kyunglim (the friend) showed me to a lot of people (or vice versa) xD Pretty entertaining. :) Gave a high five to a random guy (well, someone's friend - random to me.. xD)
The whole group performed various songs here and there.
Here's the stage-- that's Kyunglim singing :).. her song was actually a popular American song.. don't remember the name, but I recognized it xD?
It was especially entertaining when they would sing in English.. not just because I could understand it - but because sometimes I didn't... crazy accents :) One of the acts was actually an eminem rap song..?? was missing some prepositions though xD But only a native would've noticed. It worked for the crowd :)
A few hours more of standing and it was all over ;o
Of course, after a long day- we were hungry again.. so we stopped at Paris Baguette in Gangnam (after the subway - before the bus).
I got white bread with melted cheese and a peice of meat inside... (didn't realize it had meat :( ) and then peanut creme bread! :) Still- all good.
With that.. well, we took our ride home. There was a hoard of people, so we were seperated, but still got seats. Whew! Another 40 min of standing wouldn't have been fun ;(
Tomorrow's plans are light.
The money on my bus card is almost gone, and I don't want to refill it xD
We'll probably rest (I'll actually sleep this time)... and maybe go out for Karaoke? I hope so.
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment