Sunday, July 4, 2010

July 4 (Sun) - Independence xD... Natural and Museum

Well, today was another tiring day - though, we got to sleep in about an hour longer.
We were out of the house at 10:30AM and off on our own adventure.

Breakfast at 9:30 - ramen and rice cake disks. Pretty good. Also had some kimchi (I think it was garlic stem?) It was more sour than the ones I'd tried before.

We took a direct bus to the other side of the island... not too hard. I slept :) Aimee paid attention for the both of us. It's all Korean to me, haha.

Oh - but before we left the city, I did see my first drive throuh McDonald's :D... kinda cool.. guess Jeju Island can cater to foreigners (Americans) that had drive throughs?

Once we got off - we walked a bit... luckily, it wasn't too far. Though, it was quite hot/humid. We stopped at a tourist information center right by the stop. Quite easy to navigate this area of Jeju - much more organized and urban.

We walked to see the Cheonjeyeon Falls. A legendary spot with tons of stairs involved. The bridge was steep too. Though, it was gorgeous and breezy- so I guess it's all worth it.

This was the first fall we walked to -- referred to as the 3rd one... not the main one, but the stairs killed us xD We took our time.


A sample of the neverending walk :) Guess it's healthy...
Due to our lame struggles up-mountain, we decided to skip the 2nd fall and go straight to the main one...

Despite the looks of the picture - this was quite crowded. The fall is actually to the left of me in this shot (along with all of the other tourists).. but I realize now - I didn't even bother taking a shot xD. I did enjoy listening to all of the languages. I mean, it was mostly just Mandarin Chinese and maybe one Japanese... but there were a few non-Asian foreigners. (Like this cute German couple with a baby - I'm pretty sure it was German, at least.. We saw them again later.)
After that.. we walked to the Teddy Bear Museum. It wasn't much farther.

We took the loop around to get it.. scenic route? Still hot and humid at this point.
We spent most of our day there, taking pictures of practically everything... but I can't post the exhibits here....
...but these are a few shots from the misc. though :)
This was the gift shop for example. :0 Quite pretty, but $ :) Tempting, but luckily (or maybe not?) we were both way too poor at this point.
Thankfully, the museum cafe was actually the popular fast food place - Lotteria :)

Meaning -we could eat! I actually ran out of money, so Aimee got most of the extras for me to try... All interesting - I will miss it. The round balls were sweet potato with cheese - fried XD Quite sweet (asthe sweet potato ught to be)... but.. I liked it a lot with cheese :).. mm... we also had squid rings (look just like onion rings.. but filled with squid) - but they're not out of the bag in this pic :(.. sorry. Anyway- in the bag were your regular french fries, but we orded a packet of chili powder and mixed it all together... and made a tastier -chili fries.. (minus the meat?)... the burgers were a mix of what I've tried - one side bulgogi, the other shrimp burger xD
Yum!
I also had a chocolate in my bag...

..but as you can see - it got owned. Tasted fine though! xD
Right next to the cafe was the garden with some statues ;)

Cute bear statues of course! Lots of photo opps :)
I really liked the museum. It was fun...
After we finished there - cooling off in the cafe xD.. we walked back to the tourist center and were able to use the computers there for free... plus refill our water bottles. I loved it :)
Then we went to the terminal via bus again.... and took a taxi. He was confused at where to go.. as were we - but we made it. (Maybe cost some more money)

To make sure everyone was home to let us in, we also went to the convenience store to grab some snacks... new things I hadn't tried.
Top is a cracker sandwich with sweet cheese filling... the middle is a wheat cracker sandwich with vanilla flavoring.. the bottom is a wheat cracker with chocolate topping. I still haven't gotten to try them yet - but they're prolly all good.
Tomorrow we're heading back home.
But first - we're going to stop and check out these botanical gardens. The flowers here are lovely anyway... there's admission - but it should be nice.
Hopefully we can check in our luggage at the airport before we go :(.. dunno how early they'll let us do that! It's a small airline after all...
Oh well.
It's been nice.
And humid.
Hot.
But nice!
xD
I know I've got more muscles now xD
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment