Saturday, June 20, 2009

Friday, JUNE 19! (Day delayed)

So sorry! I'm getting behind in my days. There's just so much!! I'm doing my best though. As long as I have my pictures, I can't forget what happened. Anyway, this is for what happened yesterday, even though it wasn't much. I wrote it yesterday, I just didn't upload the pics. So, here it is!

---

Hey guys, today’s post is probably a litte shorter than before, simply because it was rainy today, so we were at school all day. It’s not until later that I will be going out, so I won’t have pictures.

First of all, I was happy to see Philip made it to Germany alright today.

He was still in the jet lag mode, but not acting too differently than normal.

Since it was raining, Frau decided it wasn’t worth it to walk to the city to see the graveyard and get a tour with all of us. So, instead, we all hung out in the meeting room for the morning classes because our Germans thought we were not at the school. We passed a lot of our time playing ERS :)

It was getting intense, so we had fun. Also, Frau told us that the school’s principal was going to greet us this morning, so we had to stay close.

But, it wasn’t until after the 1st hour that he came by to say a simple welcome and accept his gift.

Around the middle of the 2nd hour, I ate my pause food:

...which was nice and simple today. Another quickly bought meal from the school’s kiosk today; meat and bread, mineral water, and a chocolate covered yougurt bar. It was good J

Eventually, I ventured out of our room to go to the bathroom and was lucky enough to run into Vio, so I was able to go to her class. Though, Steven and Michael wanted the Americans to go to their English class first, so we went back to that class and still didn’t get any greeting from her.

Oh well. After that, we all went to Violeta’s English class, and met her really nice and confident teacher... but I forgot to take pictures! We only got a quick intro though, since they all had to watch a film for a test on Monday. Surprisingly, it was American Beauty! Imagine that.

After English, we went home and had a nice lunch.

...and we talked a good amount. We talked long enough for Vio’s cousin and then her grandparents to come over with still more food and talk.

They gave us some apricots, gummie bears, and Soft Cakes with apple filling and chocolate bottoms:

After they left, Vio, Silvana and I went downtown to buy a skirt for the party tonight and also to get food for tomorrow’s trip to Vienna. We have to be at the school at 5 AM tomorrow morning! Hopefully it won’t be rainy tomorrow... also, hopefully we won’t be out too late for the party. Anyway, that’s all.

--- Random differences between countries ---

I’m sure you know this already, but the portions are smaller for a lot of things... one of them is the sugar packages. The largest one is only:

The school’s restrooms have only twist soap dispensers... with powdered soap!

The Germans drink more in general than Americans... (and eat more often too!) An example is that around the house I find bottles of water:

One in our bedroom...

...and one in our living room a few feet away. And one with Vio’s sister xD

Here, there is no “Hip hop” or “rap” genre. Instead, it’s...

And that’s all I have for today... tomorrow should be good! We’re off to Austria :D!

1 comment:

  1. HAHA! I love the "Black" genre. That just made my life.
    Much love, say hi to everyone for me! ♥

    ReplyDelete