When I got to school, Sarith complained that I was late... but they don’t have first period a lot either... so, it didn’t really mean much. It was then that I saw Julia had made it in alright.
She didn’t seem to be jetlagged or anything, so that was good. But, she’s still only staying as long as we are. Only a week or so! Too bad.
At 10:30 we were scheduled to go and see the Neus Rathaus where the council of Deggendorf makes the laws and such. Vio packed me a really nice Pause food thing today,
... but because of the odd timing of our arrival and then of when we were supposed to get back, I wasn’t really sure of when to eat it.
To pass the time, we tried playing ERS, but we only had a German deck.. .and those don’t have all of the same card values as ours, so there wasn’t a ton of variety. So, to spice things up, we played Hangman instead!
Eventually, it was time to walk to the Rathaus. We walked in the same direction as Violeta’s house, but a little farther, so at least I knew the way. En route, some of the group stopped at the Pferdemetcger.
...but we got going shortly after. A little ways down, we got to the Rathaus!
..which doesn’t look as architecturally impressive as the clocktower that was over the old Rathaus, but.. it was cool inside. Once we were inside, we did some hand shaking and got to ask questions about the government in the Council’s room:
After our short Q and A, we all went up to the front to sign the guestbook and get a cute little pin with the Deggendorf emblem:
There were also some reporters for the local newspaper and radio that asked us questions and took pictures... so it was kinda funny. We all got free drinks, too which was spiffy.
I had the Fanta, but that’s nothing super extraordanary. In that amount of time, it had begun to rain... so we were all feeling reluctant to leave. Luckily, the Beamter (official) guys showed us some more stuff upstairs, like the Mayor’s office:
... it also had more drinks placed out for guests, but we were satisfied. Then, right after that in the center of the upstairs was a replica of the city from back in.. well, the date was in German.. but it was a long time ago.
After that, we all began our treck back to school. Since it was raining, we moved even slower this time... I stayed with Sarith and her umbrella. But, I was also wearing my white pants... since it was cold and I only packed the two pairs. I managed to keep them white though!
Once we were back at school, we arrived earlier than expected, so there was still enough time for another lesson before school let out. So, Iva, Maddie and I went to Steven’s English class again.. but this time they were in the computer room:
... so, we were really just using the computer for stuff like this blog and Facebook. The thing about the Germans’ school computers is that there’s not much site filtering, but I couldn’t use the usual flash drives (USB sticks) for the computer... to move around my photos and stuff. How lame! Sorting the pictures is what takes the longest amount of time for the blog. Also, since we were near computers, I couldn’t eat my sandwich... I had only eaten the fruit earlier. In fact – today was the first time Steven’s teacher even acknolwedged one of us (Americans)... she told me “please don’t eat or drink in here”... xDD Duh~
Anyway, after that – school was out! It was so short... I met up with Vio and Silvana at the entrance and we walked home. When we arrived, we got to eat some lunch. Today it was a Greek dish:
Vio called it Gyros mit Krautsalat und Reis.. so Gyros (pork) with cabbage salad and rice... there was also a small salad thing (cucumbers, carrots, raddish). It wasn’t bad. ;)
After lunch, I took a shower... and then saw that Silvana was watching TV. It was only when she was flipping through the channels did I notice that Germany is awesome and still plays:
Old school Pokemon! Woot :D It was a little far in the first season, but.. still! Indigo Plateau is better than whatever they have now. :P
Anyway... I don’t imagine I will be eating much more. Dinner here is light. So, I will probably just eat my pause bread for dinner. If not, oh well.
Tomorrow we’re going to Salzburg (Austria!) J.. so, since I have time today.. I will actually do my research.
Tchüß!

Have a great time in Salzburg, birthplace of Mozart. You are seeing such amazing places!
ReplyDelete