Today was a nice and chill day. It was more like the day of a typical German kid because we were at school the whole time. I woke up on time, we walked to school (no stops at Rewe) and Vio left me with the Americans. Afterschool, a trip to the Neu Rathaus was planned, to meet the mayor.. but that got postponed until tomorrow during the school day instead. Hopefully we’ll walk and save on bus charges...
So, to start my day was breakfast. Today’s breakfast was a nectarine and a cup of cranberry tea since we’re out of White Flakes... but that’s okay. This is more like a real German’s breakfast (not much).. I don’t have a pic though.
At school, I was inside of the meeting room for the first half of the day. Near the start of the first pause, Frau was greeted with a surprise visit from a former student of hers:
...she had once been on the German exchange, but she is now a teacher too, about to teach her first year of German. Lucky her.
Anyway, some of the Germans came down to hang with us during the pause, but they made Amanda and Iva play a confusing (to me) game with their German cards
(which are different than American decks... they don’t have 2,3,4,5 or 6. xD...) But whatever.
In the meanwhile, others did electronical things, like Chris and his new little German toy:
So, the first real event of the day for me was to go with Iva to Kevin’s English class. Kevin is Steven’s cute little 11 year old brother. His class is only in their 4th year of English
... and just barely learning about American English, so... it was cool that we could go and let them hear native speakers. I really enjoyed myself because at that age, all of them were really friendly and curious about Americans.. unlike the other Germans that were the same age. We even sang a song for them... haha. It’s because of this that we got asked to go to another English class, but this next time would be with 1st year English learners.. so we are just going to get them to speak to us in small groups. Things that I know how to say in German, basically.
After that class was done, I went back to the meeting room where we all started playing ERS... as usual. I really don’t mind ERS though, it’s a good way to pass time (better than the German card games!!)
Soon enough, we were asked to go to another class, but this time it was what we call Music Appreciation.
It was interesting, but listening to too much German really makes me sleepy. Luckily, they had this interesting CD of a vocal style they were studying, so I was entertained. The other Amerians however... were a little distracted:
Besides Simon who we went with, Kerstin, Karen, and Lukas were all in that class... but Lukas told me that he wouldn’t be able to chill with us much, because of work =/.
After that, Kerstin and Lisa were free, so Maddie and Sarith went home early (against their will). Instead of going back to the meeting room, I went with Iva to Steven and Mili’s German class... which was in the same classroom as the English class had been. At least in this class, it was all about interaction... since there was a discussion.
I couldn’t be sure of what they were talking about, but I think it had to do with ways people could protest or speak out...
Somewhere in all of this mess, I had my pause food.. which was a small peanut butter (creamy) sandwich and another nectarine... but I seem to have only grabbed a picture of what was left of my water... (no bubbles today.. seemed weird)
But the peanut butter was good. Anyway... after that... I went with Vio to her Art class, which was fun... they were working with these little plaster people that they had already made.
Yet, most of the time, Vio’s friend Stephan was asking me a lot of questions. So, I remained awake.
The last class I had for the day was with Vio again (but only Vio and me, the others had already gone home in Art) in Vio’s German class..
But, that was a bad idea... because they were only lecturing and doing a sort of oral reading check about a little novel they were reading. So, my attention span dropped to practically nothing... as I got reallyyy sleepy. So, it was a good thing when the bell rang and we headed on home. At least when we got there, we ate something and I started blogging. That got me awake again.
Lunch was nice... mashed potatoes with a pork shnitzel thing:
Then, after that was the sweet thing... Ananamelon.. which is just.. pinapple mellon?
After lunch, Vio and Silvana studdied, and I blogged to catch up with the correct day. Eventually, Silvana was nice and asked if I wanted something for dinner, but dinner in Germany is only something light. So, I had my Abendbrot (night bread)...
...white bread with a type of cheese (like swiss, but... not quite so dry), and then a toasted bread half with meat spread xD... which sounds weird in typing, but it actually tasted good. Anyway... that’s really all I did today. But, it’s a good thing, since I wanted to get this blog up to speed. Tomorrow will be the trip to see the mayor. Also, tomorrow I can sleep in a bit, since Vio doesn’t have any morning classes J... so that’s an extra two hours.. lucky me.
So, later all! Hope it’s not too hot >:D...

hahaha you have no idea.
ReplyDeletewell it's not that bad, but its in the 99+ range (37+ Celsius i guess?) lol
and good for you for the extra sleep! =o]
Hey Ash...I just got caught up on your blog. It sounds like you are having an amazing time! So excited for you! :)
ReplyDeleteOh good! I'm glad you got to check it out! I was inspired by yours!
ReplyDelete