(edited )
So, I made it to my destination: South Korea! Through immigration and everything. It's been a crazy day! So tired, but I will post here... it was fun. No trouble from my hosts xD Korea was dull, chaotic, flashy, and humid upon first impression. Yet, it still holds one of my favorite people.

Went through passport control~

Me, sitting near the terminal... didn't know anyone, of course :P

Free water?? On a plane!? Woahh. xD I guess that's what Europe will do to you.

Haha - typical cashews with the atypical pinapple juice (I tried ordering apple).

Plus, the staple of the world of course!! In a nice, pleasing Korean can ;) This was guy next to me's can - he ended up being a lot of fun to sit next to xD (dancing / asking amusing Qs)

Korean Bibimbap for lunch(?) It had instructions with it on how to stir it up, too xD It tasted pretty good. The "spice" for it wasn't as bad as I had imagined it would be (thankfully). Still, I didn't put too much.

The lunch? Bowtie lasagnia under the foil. Not too flavorful... the roll was refreshing. The shrimp/green bean combo surprised me because it tasted sweeter than I imagined. It also had some red beans in it (full ones, not sure about the others). The cake was not super sweet, but still fine.

After I landed, went through immigration, found the baggage clain, then found the lugage. Was pleasantly surpised to find Aimee + stepdad very punctual :D

Cool "Just Married" car next to the car we road to the airport int :D

Random convenience store stop yeileded the magical cofffe milk! Makes me want some more... :D Not too expensive.

After I got to meet up with Aimee's uncle, we went to eat dinner -- Kalbi (Korean style BBQ)! :D (and a lot of other random side dishes)

Inside the more traditional styled... to grill right there.

A sample of the many good veggies with the Kalbi :D This here.. center is... some sort of spinach/cabbage thing. Then... cabbage, potatosalad, and kimchi!

Sprite! (Yeah, really!)
Soju (Korean vodka). ;) Tasty, but not a mad burn.

Sample of the Kalbi :D (and rice in the steel bowl)

Cold noodles (naengmyeon ) but they weren't bad. Aimee says they are noodles made of buckwheat and starch. It came with tasty pickled raddishes, cucumbers, and a hardboiled egg! The raddishes were the best. Ehhh.. but I was so full xD

The table...! XD

My room!! Prepped by Aimee! Conservative, yet effective.

Box of gifts from Aimee!! :D So fun! I loved exchanging gifts !

The Fridge?! Cool compartment.. XD

Cake! A gift from Aimee's friend (Minhyung?) ;D I think it's Tiramisu... xD

Then we put candles on it (they always ask how old you are)... then blew 'em out. It was really nice of her! + It was tasty... but we were both still exahsted at this point.
(Still are)
Tomorrow is open to so many things... so it's hard to say what we're doing. Maybe a cafe? Maybe a store... more friends... Who knows!
:) Now sleep. I'm SO tired.........
So excited for you - have fun - LOVE YOU! Tell Aimee I love her too
ReplyDeleteAaaaaaa Ashton you're already there!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you made it there all safe and sound! I don't even have to ask if you're having fun because I know you are! :D
Tell Aimee I said hi (if she remembers me from Wilson?)
Thanks ya'll :D
ReplyDeleteShe says hi to you both. (With extra love to mom xD)