Today, I lazed around... :D And, I guess saw a bit of Yongin.
I guess we were just making sure I got over my jet lag? If I had it... Not sure, really. I slept just fine when I got to bed. I woke up at 7AM and used the bathroom... (which is odd for me) but then went back to sleep until 10AM. So, basically - typical teenager time frame xD. And right now, I'm typing this at 1:32 AM... but of course, it doesn't feel too late. I got my second wind at about 11:30PM... but I was so tired after dinner!! Oh well.
Here was my day...

Breakfast of the champions! Literally "Granola" from Post... with lowfat milk and a loaf of bread with a filling like whipped cream. We also had some of last night's cake, so it was a bit sweet. ;) All of it was quite tasty though.

This is actually the outside of the building we live in. It's a tad old, but it serves its purpose. Thank goodness we're only on the first floor there xD Some of the apartment buldings here are uber tall! I'll try to get pictures when we're in a larger city. Yongin is actually like a suburb but, well... I might explain later...

Anyway - for lunch, we went to one of Aimee's favorite.. well, one-man (woman) dinner places - like this. A lunch stall, I guess? Anyway, it's very close to her house - I doubt the zoning of Korea - so this is just right there... in the middle of anything, like everything else is xD

This is actually the milk bag that hangs on the outside door. The milk man delivers one of those little pint cartons (like in the breakfast picture) every two days. (- weekends)

This was our lunch that we got from that little yellow place. Heh... this was interesting. All of the fried things in the front were pretty good (sweet potatoes - which are white here, a squid tentacle?, clear noodles wrapped in seaweed, and then some typical egg rolls). The red stuff was "dukboki" - spicy rice cakes :) [also had some udon noodles in it]. It was pretty good, but of course - Korean spices are dangerously tasty.. you eat and then feel the burn XD Finally, the black stuff at the side was "sundae" - cellophane noodles stuffed in boiled pig intestine skin :o.. It wasn't awful, but it was still a bit odd. Oh well :)

This is just a typical street scene. On several poles, there's the bagged trash and then the yellow can is for food. There aren't garbage disposals, so instead people put it in the can, and the can is taken to feed the pigs. =x... At least they're honest.

We bought these bags of Mocha Cappuchino at a convenience store on the way back from getting my transportation card and loading it up. We passed through the main shopping area, too. We'll probably check out the bakeries tomorrow though. :)

This is some of what we bought (minus the card and some ice cream). The cups of ice come with whatever drink you get, too. Of course, if you weren't Korean, you'd have no idea - I just watched Aimee grab one from the back of the mysterious bottom shelf of a freezer XD The thing on the wrapper is basically a strawberry Korean version of Hi Chew - or a creamier Starburst.

Then we laid around and looked at our yearbooks / graduation album and talked about our lives and caught up. We also studied some Korean for a bit. Just the numebers and random words I'd heard from the day.

This was dinner - delivered by a nice looking young guy (apparently an unusual occurance). It's the Korean's Chinese food xD The black stuff is "Jajangmyeon" - black bean sauce with cucumbers over some wheat noodles - good but thick. The red soup at the left side was "Jjambbong" - spicy... with some squid, onions, and cucumbers? Oh well. Another one of those, tasty until it was in your throat. Then it just burned! The fried rice with egg is probably obvious. But it was so much food!! Then, it came with the "danmuji" pickled raddish (my fav!) and onions... Woah! I didn't even finish @_@

And this is one of my many "little friends." This guy in particular hung out on my bedroom wall all day. ALLLL day. Luckily, they all prefer to stay vertical... so.. yeah. As long as they stay that way while I'm looking - what can I do? ;p

Later at night, we went to E-mart (snazzier Wal-mart). Aimee's mom has the accessory shop pictured here. We went downstairs and got some groceries.

Ads, ads, adsssss... Korea definitely loves the packaging.

"Downstairs". We got some chips, water, KGB, banana milk, canned sweet corn, annnd eggs.

Finally -this is the bathroom! A full shower.. hah. :)
Anyway. Tomorrow we'll be off to Gangnam to see things (like the huge bookstore) and Aimee's friend, I think. Oh well - I'll take pics :)
Feel the burn? I told you you had a cast iron stomach. Like you little friend, too LOL! love you!
ReplyDeleteCourtney
ReplyDeleteSo awesome!
Wait, when you meant the shower is it like the whole bathroom floor is the shower and the water utensils are to the right of the picture? Just making sure...I've seen it in other places, but still weird to see! Cool though!
yep! :)
ReplyDelete