Wednesday, June 16, 2010

June 16 (Wed) - Cartoons, "Downtown", Kimbap

We had fun sleeping in this morning. We watched a lot of cartoons and studied Korean, but ultimately, we got out of the house to shop in downtown Yongin. It was fun :)


This was breakfast/brunch. Very special, for me. I convinced Aimee to get some wheat bread (walnut and rye) from the good bakery and then use the peanut butter + nutella I brought x3. Good way to start the day.
Snack... well known and been around for a while. I can't really read the package in this picture, but they were basically cream puff shells with chocolate in them. :o Not too bad.

This is a sheet of toilet paper, by the way... I know it's basically the same in the states, but the difference is in the size and the scent! (scented ..)

Hey! This was just one of the many lovely cartoons we watched. The kids stuff helps my Korean.. hah. We watched some random kid show with a mouse that had a skateboard... Pocket Monsters xD, and Courage the Cowardly Dog!! :O Fun fun...

Hey - another snack. Tasty ice cream. The waffle fish held typical ice vanilla ice cream with red bean paste :D Yumm. Though, I squeezed a bit too hard and it popped out. xD

This was from our shopping. Stopped in the Converse store :D Fun to compare. I really liked all of the clothes in the window... I could be biased, but it seems the style is a little cooler here :) I have to contain myself from buying a ton!!! (Though, I really want to).

Foreign food XD.. haha. More expensive... but hey! All the comforts of home? (sort of...)

Hey! This is the bakery we always stop at for our goodz. It's quite popular, tasty, but a tad more expensive :p

We got some rice cakes too! I had never had these kinds. So far, I've only tried the ones on the left. They're filled with honey :o I actually made a version of rice cakes filled with honey.. but they also had jujubees and were fried :p... But the one of the left has a jujubee on it~!

We came home for Kimbap! :D I basically just watched, but Aimee helped xD. It's pretty fun. The only thing I did do was pull the big crab peices into two smaller peices.
But yeah - mom here is preping the "kim" or seaweed strip to cover with the "bap" or rice... and then add the ham, crab, spinach, egg, and pickled raddish (my fav!!).

Here, it's been cut and has the other type of pickled raddish with it. :)

Later, I had some of this "Castella" from the bakery. I've always seen them in the Asian bakery back home, so I wanted to try it. Basically just a spongy cake. :x

So, with that said - my night is surly not over. We're gonna watch Mean Girls for lulz and probably pop open one of the KGB vodkas. Should be fun :)

3 comments:

  1. Mom - Gina LawrenceJune 16, 2010 at 1:20 PM

    looks cool - if the clothes are cheap and cool then shop away!!! Won't get this chance to shop in Korea again for a long time probably.

    Lov ya!

    PS hope you didn't pop too many KGB vodkas @_@

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pokemon and Courage! It's cool that they have courage the cowardly dog in Korea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Reid: I know!! We really wanted to watch more, but it doesn't play daily xD

    @mom - don't worry! :)
    I love the clothes, but I wish I brought more money...! xD I mean, they're still some Ross prices. It's more that I just really like the style xD

    ReplyDelete