There's not a huge point in posting today. As predicted, we took the day to relax - sleep a little more. Really, we ate, played games, and watched Sweet Home Alabama :D

If you were curious, Aimee's mom went in later to work, so she made us fried rice with an omelet ;) Our side dishes here are pretty consistent - pickled radish (the yellow stuff), anchovies (the little fish), garlic root (the green bean stuff), and kimchi. All very good stuff - my favorite is still this version of pickling radish (it's sweet), but the garlic root is also very nice (no huge spice - just a tad salty). Kimchi is good, but it's spicier. Oh - and the anchovies are salty salty good, but chewy. :)

Snacks... grape tomatoes and the vanilla version of those wafer things I had yesterday! These were better, but they crumble easily... this box had a lot of smashed ones. :(

I also got to try some of this dark chocolate. Pretty good, but maybe a bit plastic-y (they're cubed shaped).

Then the amazing sweet potato flavored chips xD I like them almost as much as the corn chips... :) Light enough to almost melt in your mouth. ^_^ We almost ate all of them throughout the day.

Alas, we had dinner. The two of us had rice with the kim (seaweed), kimchi stew (red stuff), and "egg rolls" xD (ham, cabbage). The other two were from earlier today. Good stuff! So full now. :)
I slept pretty well this morning - I guess I'm getting used to the sounds here. I sleep with my window open every night, so I always have the sun coming in and the sounds of the people right outside. Typically, there's a vendor or like today, a seller, yelling over a microphone to advertise by 9-10 AM, for sure. It's completely normal, too -- like an ice cream truck... except way more annoying than their music. The vendors don't really even move... they just pick a spot and start advertising. Funny, huh?
Tomorrow we'll do something big.
Can't say what - but I'm sure it'll involve the bus.. getting out of the house.
Haven't called my friend yet, either.
Oh well.
:)
Taking a little time to regroup is good. Would like to see a pic of a view from your window. Nice to see you are eating well. Nom, nom...lol
ReplyDeletelove you and Max says "Hi" and Charlie says "whatever!" :)
Something better than corn chips? That sounds interesting even though I don't like potatoes...
ReplyDelete@reid - the chips aren't potato! they're corn chips - but they're better than just normal corn chips because they're puffy and actually have seasoning on them that makes them taste like corn XD.. does that make sense?
ReplyDeleteoh wait! you're talking about the sweet potato.. well, I'm pretty sure they're still made of corn XD.. just with sweet potato flavoring. Either way - they're soft! All the chips are softer... (even the real potato chips I had O-o)
ReplyDelete