Here's some shots.
While we were in one of the photography sections, we got a phone call from my friend in Jeju Island! I've been trying to get a hold of him, but what bad timing!! We had to whisper as it was, so it was hard to communicate.. I didn't even ask for his number, thinking it was already on the phone - but when we looked, it was a weird number -- we couldn't call it back!? :(.. Hope we can contact him again... To plan the island get away xD
Anywayyy - Here, I took a picture of Aimee getting some water from an interesting dispenser. The cups were just little paper flaps xD... I didn't even know that's what it was (no water on top) until Aimee went for it... haha.
Afterwords, we walked around in the hopes of some food... and were successful in finding a Korean-Italian (I know, right?) restaurant called... Omuto Tomato xD It was nicely decorated and all, but this was my first time at a normal style restaurant in Korea. The people didn't even try to talk to me - just Aims.. :( (not like I could have said much though xD).
Here, you can see the food we ordered! They were both quite good... but of course, I can't remember exactly what they called it.. so, I'll just say it wasn't anything crazy exotic... like - "original shrimp" xD? Whatever - fried shrimp (tasty) on top of a rice omelet, basically. Good stuff! The sauce was already a little spicy (only to me, of course.. good thing I didn't get the "spicy" version), but they served our dishes with the spicy pickled radishes in the left square dish and then the cool, refreshing, sweat pickles on the right! (Both of which were refilled like our water XD)
I ordered my typical "Strawberries & Creme" frappaccino -- only to find it wasn't quite the same xD. Creamier? :) Hah. I ordered in English.. but the girl at the register was pretty nice about it :D I was glad! She smiled and did her best saying "whipped cream?" xD.
Once we headed back to the bus stop, we stopped in this make-up place (Olive...something). It was all fine and dandy ($$), but then I saw this!!! Someone I recognized from Hana Yori Dango (which would be the Japanese version, I know - but still! Kinda cool :) ) [or, at least it looks like Domoyoji!] Thought Sarith might enjoy that.
Anyway - we had trouble getting the red bus back (the guy hardly stopped).. so we were at the bus stop in Seoul long enough to people watch and observe the daily madness from the commuters. It was pretty interesting! To survive, you have to run around and risk your life to get those buses to stop for you. It's a sliding stop too! xD Still, it was nice to see their reality... even though it was because we missed our bus XD
Finally, on the way back home (walking), I felt like having juice, but we were out... so I bought grape juice! xD; I know - not too exciting... But it's foreign grape juice~ XD Tasted the same. Made me thirsty.
And now "ajushi" has gone off to pick up mom from the store... and is apparently going to bring back some pulpy orange juice! Just my luck..! xD; <3
Afterwords, we walked around in the hopes of some food... and were successful in finding a Korean-Italian (I know, right?) restaurant called... Omuto Tomato xD It was nicely decorated and all, but this was my first time at a normal style restaurant in Korea. The people didn't even try to talk to me - just Aims.. :( (not like I could have said much though xD).
But seriously - they could save themselves a lot of trouble constantly refilling.. but just giving us larger glasses for water. XD Oh, and the water wasn't ordered, just given automatically. Drinks are not assumed to be wanted :D
So, right next door was a Starbucks...! Therefore, we couldn't help but investigate. It was actually the first time for both of us to visit one in Korea. (And that's saying a lot since she's been here for a few years longer XD). Still, it was a good experience. The menu was a tad different (and more expensive even!), but it looked tasty. They also had different condiments.. like brown sugar packets!! :O (jealous..!)
Plus, I saw a few foreigners right there! Probably a haven for us ;P (Like Micky D's? - haven't been there yet).
Anyway - we had trouble getting the red bus back (the guy hardly stopped).. so we were at the bus stop in Seoul long enough to people watch and observe the daily madness from the commuters. It was pretty interesting! To survive, you have to run around and risk your life to get those buses to stop for you. It's a sliding stop too! xD Still, it was nice to see their reality... even though it was because we missed our bus XD
And now "ajushi" has gone off to pick up mom from the store... and is apparently going to bring back some pulpy orange juice! Just my luck..! xD; <3
Now if only we could have the AC..... (sweating a storm here)
Tomorrow... we're planning on meeting up with Minhyung (she gave me the cake) in "Dongdaemun" - another part of Seoul for more shopping XD But first things first - gotta exchange more $$! :P

I chatted with Jonathan last night on FB - he said he had tried to call you but you could not talk. We did not get to far before I lost him and had to send my last comment via email.
ReplyDeleteDoing a little sweatin are ya? Love ya!
Drinks are assumed? Is the water free or included in the check? Maybe sometimes you don't want to spend for the drink! btw... too much food xD
ReplyDelete@Mom - oh no!! we did talk - but again, we were inside the exhibit.. but we don't know how to call him back! I think he used his american phone (since it was the same cell number)... Aimee's phone can't make "international" calls ;(.. only recieve...
ReplyDelete@reid - too much food!? I actually eat less meals here. We just don't get out as much as Germany, so there's not a lot of buildings :P And yeah, water's free... You just don't have to order it. They just bring it right to you when you're seated and walk away for you to look at the menu. XD