Tuesday, June 1, 2010

New Mexico

Took a road trip for the weekend. Spent the night in Amarillo and woke up to the classics. The hotel was a good price.

Then, headed on to the Albuquerque area to stay with friends and explore.
NM's A lovely state. Unique. It's a relief - I like it. The stucco houses were entertaining and the Native culture was exciting.

The weather was fantastic. The days were warm, but it was dry heat; no excessive sweating. The evenings were cool and refreshing.

I checked out the campus at the University of New Mexico -- quite nice.

Also discovered a fascinating café/bakery for vegetarians. It had a lot of information on a certain food god and the principles surrounding. That along with the music lent to a different atmosphere ;) Nice food though.

The next day, I got to see Santa Fe. I heard that all the buildings there had to be made of stucco. I wasn't there very long, but I did get to see the main (I imagine) part of downtown, near the Governor's Place and all of the Native's trading under it's awnings.


I did have enough time to sample some great... French cuisine! :P I know, not the best choice for the area, but it looked (and was) good! Here, you see my Ratatouille:

So, all in all it was a positive experience. This was just a sampling. I shall be seeing a lot more of New Mexico! :]

1 comment: