Somehow today got really out of whack. I mean, initially we were planning to go to Insadong and see a lot of cool stuff... but instead, we got off track with planning and preparing our trip to Jeju Island xD Basically, after we talked with the travel agency and my friend who lived on the island, we realized it would be much better for us to just stay with him instead of doing the packaged deal. We wanted to stay in the fancy hotel, but that also forced us to spend all of our time with a tour group on a bus :(.. The whole reason I wanted to go so badly was to see my friend anyway! Luckily, he has space for us.
Still! That meant we planned... and booked our own tickets late into the day xD.. so we decided to hold off on our trip until tomorrow.
We went to her uncle's house to grab keys to the storage where there was a smaller suitcase I could use for our... 5 day trip to Jeju?
Anyway.. here's some shots for today.

Lunch... again, I skipped breakfast food :(... It always saddens me - because of course.. breakfast food is the most normal stuff I have around here XD... so yeah - the only thing different in this setup from yesterday is the tofu with cheese on top xD... Yum? :)

Basically right after lunch, we booked Jeju. :)

I ate some of my gift snacks... my absolute favorite... (don't know exactly why-- ) "nude" Pepero! It's reversed from the original. The chocolate's on the inside. :) I've gotta bring this stuff home (though, they have it there... it's just easier to get here).

Tried some new.. interesting flavors of chips-- the left is spicy shrimp flavored (I've had something similar at an anime convention once) and then the right is octopus flavored? XD Yeahhh.. they're not bad.

After playing some BnB and watching Sidney White (lawl), we made dinner... Yubuchobap. This stuff was pretty good. The rice part is made with vinegar and seed seasoning and then stuffed in some pockets made of... well - udon stuff? xD I'll look it up later.

We put on gloves and stuffed them to look like this. Pretty easy to make. They're served cold too.

Then, we had grape (xD) yogurt with granola cereal! Even if it's not breakfast time, at least I got some breakfast food! :)

Then, we went to Aimee's uncle's to grab keys and go to the storage room on the roof area. From there, we got a little suitcase and a lot of photo albums to peruse... it was quite hot in the room, but the rooftop was lovely. From there, we could see one of the common sites in these concentrated areas.

The red neon crosses... (which, I personally find odd..!) It must be the neon... but anyway... Christianity here is kind of creepy. Door to door bothering on Sundays. Careful not to open up!

Though it was night, we stopped by the bakery so I could try some walnut pie :D Apparently it's famous here in Korea. Not gonna lie - it was pretty good. Actually, Korea is way more night-life oriented. People are so busy, they don't get home until late... including students. So, there's lots of activity when the sun goes down. The stores are open late to accommodate. :)
In fact, we're still going to go to the main supermarket tonight. We'll pick up Aimee's mom from work and then look for some stuff.
Should be fun!
:)
And the best part is that we got to chat for minute on FB...Glad you got the trip booked...so when do you leave for J island? Yes, I would think night life is very busy there - with the crazy work / school hrs they keep and it is a little cooler at night. Continue to have fun my sweetie and travel safely! Love you!
ReplyDelete:)
ReplyDeleteWe're off on Wed for Jeju xD Staying with Jon 'till the next Monday night! Woot!