Tuesday, June 15, 2010

June 15 (Tues) - Gangnam.

I was having trouble uploading pictures tonight. It took 5 times but, it worked. We went to Gangnam today, a big shopping area in Seoul. It took us a while to get out of the house, of course... and when we finally did - it was pouring rain! So strange.

This is a picture of the lightswitch on the wall. :p It's not like the States or even Germany, so I took a pic... :)
This was my breakfast. Rice, eggs, pickled... cabbage/spinach stuff, and then the garlic roots. :p


My first banana milk later. XD Very sweet, but still refreshing.


We walked to the bus stop and got on a red bus to the other city. Korea's bus system is organized by colors. Green is in-city, red is between cities, and white is... private (tourbus)? Whatever.


My experience getting on the bus was a little depressing. I didn't even know how to use my card.... so the bus driver wrenched it from my hand and did it for me. *dumb*... And then, in my haste, my umbrella caught on one of the seats in the aisle and bent =p. I still carried it around all day though.


Once we arrived, we went to Kyobo - one of the biggest bookstores in Korea and perused for a while. I eventually found a nice little practice hangul (the Korean alphabet) booklet for 6 year olds ... XD And some notebooks.

Here, I took a picture of the public toilet... just to prove they don't squat :)... at least here? xD

Then, we went to a sticker photo place... and took nice photos? Dunno. I was tired. But this was one of the many machines they had. Though, ours gave us a little technical difficulty (turned off??) Imagine that... Still, we got our pics in the end.


Afterwords, we went to Tom N' Toms (building pictured here), a Korean coffe shop - basically the equivilent to Starbucks, except with nicer bakery items. Though don't get me wrong - there were plenty of Starbucks.


I ordered the pink drink... made of pomogranate. It was very pricey...(a little less than $5.80) but it was probably because of the fruit choice. Still, it was good.

After that - well... it was actually late. Plus, we were dead tired... so we went back home. The bus ride itself was about 40 min from home. We'll be back soon for clothes, I'm sure.


Once I got home, I barely ate dinner (OJ, rice, eggs, ketchup, kimchi soup, + veggies) and rushed to type this... only to find the pictures weren't uploading efficiently! :( But oh well. It's all good now.

Tomorrow... we'll.. shop around Yongin, probably. But now it's bedtime for me! So tiredddd.


2 comments:

  1. Mom - Gina LawrenceJune 15, 2010 at 9:40 AM

    Jet lag is a little different than when you went to Germany, huh? You will adjust soon. Looks fun! Is there lots of pollution? U said you wanted fresh air. Love ya!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of dense - the air. Not just smog (there's probably less), but there's the trash, food, rain, and smoke =x

    I actually wasn't feeling well yesterday, but I'm fine today =]

    ReplyDelete