Thursday, June 17, 2010

June 17 (Thurs) - Mean Girls, Juno, World Cup

xD
So, we didn't go out today. The world cup is a huge deal in Korea, so to avoid crowds, we stayed inside and enjoyed our favorite pastimes together... which included sleeping (until it got noisy outside), eating, talking, studying, and of course - watching stuff.

This being said, I'll elaborate on the food portion of my experience today with the pics...

Here's the rice cake from last night that was on the... left side? Anyway, this one had a jujube on top (which I ate) with some seeds and rice wine cooked in it. It was surprisingly fluffy for a rice cake. I'm so used to heavy stuff, but this was rather flavorless (maybe just a hint of alcohol?)

We watched Pokemon again :)... and had this cool kind of ice pop :D It was pear flavored (although, without a Korean, I couldn't have guessed the picture!) - didn't taste too much like an American pear though :) It was good though. One of my prefered snacks - not too sweet, but cold ;)

After our movie escapades (watched on Aimee's computer), I ate this xD... Before the world cup. It was chocolate with some sort of almond mix in it.

Then at 8:30 it was time to watch the World Cup :) It was too bad there weren't more goals! It was fun when they did score though - it's so crazy xD Still - the more interesting part was that all of the food places were boggled down... we had to wait a while before we could order xD

In the meantime, "ajushii" went and grabbed some snacks :) - dried squid, potato chips (softer, must have been baked :P), sweet potato chips, and the best ones - "nacho" chips? (the corn ones that look like fritos xD) Plus, the crab sticks - packaged like string cheese, haha.

Here, we have the delivery! Typical fried chicken (tasted the same, too), and atypical sweet potato pizza.. ;o It was filling all right, but a little sweet.. (obviously?). Good thing we had salty chips. I only had a slice, but it might have been a mental thing.
So, now that the game's done - we have to figure out what all we're doing tomorrow. Most likely, we're heading back up to Seoul, but to get our money's worth, we've gotta fill a day with activities. Perhaps a museum..? Seoul Art Museum? xD It's not like there's a lack of excitements in Seoul, just our money! xD
Oh well :)
Hope it all works out well.

2 comments:

  1. Mom - Gina LawrenceJune 17, 2010 at 10:44 AM

    Interesting - Sweet Potato pizza - hmmm...I thought you took plenty of money? Did you get a hold of Jonathan? Lov ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I guess I did - I have just enough before I have to declare customs XD... haha

    And as for Jonathan.. sorta. XD?

    ReplyDelete